1. How long have you been a yoga teacher?
Since October 2015.
2. What brought you to yoga?
The reason I went to my first yoga class was to quit smoking cigarettes! It worked like a charm by the way - I stopped naturally after only a few months of practice.
3. How has yoga changed you? Physically and/or mentally.
I could go on for days about the ways yoga has shaped my life! In addition to becoming stronger and more flexible, yoga has made me calmer and more balanced. I feel like yoga makes me make better choices, from eating well to not overreacting to stress. I like Ashtanga because practicing the same series every day allows me to really notice my body - last year I had a large ovarian cyst and it was discomfort during my practice that led me to get it checked out and removed.
4. What intrigued you about teaching at Home Yoga & Barre?
I love the community at Home Yoga & Barre! The studio is very relaxed and welcoming. The students and teachers all do great things for each other and the area.
5. What's your favorite post class meal or snack?!
Pizza!!! There's so many awesome pizza places around here. Hey, we earn it right?
6. Complete this phrase..."On a typical Saturday you can find me..."
Bartending at The Woodlands! It's work, but it's fun too :)
Catch Joleen at the studio with her Ashtanga class at 7pm on Wednesdays!