Welcome to our Teacher of the Month series! Each month, we’re going to feature one of the studio teachers so that you can learn a little more about them.
Our first featured teacher is Kayla Wolthoff!
1) How long have you been practicing and why/how did you start?
I have been practicing since 2013 and I started because the studio I lived by was offering a free week of classes... 7 days later I was hooked!
2) What is your teaching style?
My goal for every class is to be as authentic as possible. I want students to know the poses or exercises that I too struggle with so it's more relatable. I would also say I try to keep it fun!
3) What advice would you give to someone who has never taken a yoga or barre class but wants to?
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain! Try it out and ask questions!
4) How are you looking to advance your personal practice this year?
Honestly, I just want to make it to more classes. Specifically, for yoga, I really want to work up to a handstand.
We’re with you there, girl!
5) Tell us a about your favorite way to practice, train, or teach!
My favorite classes are ones where I feel extremely connected with the entire class. Whether that's through laughing, cracking jokes are even crying, my number one goal is that connection. It's what drove me to teach in the first place.
One thing is for sure—Kayla certainly brings a lot of passion and excitement to her classes. Her style of teaching reflects her personality so well, and we know you’ll love her!
If you’re interested in taking class with Kayla, you can find her teaching Barre on Sunday mornings at 9:15 am.