It's almost the end of the year, which means it is holiday season! What comes with the holidays? Stress.
Many of us have a difficult time balancing life at this time of the year. We fall off of our routines, eat differently, feel more anxious - so what CAN we do to help take care of ourselves?
Yoga and meditation - that mind and body connection - is so important during these stressful times, but sometimes we just want to stay home and relax during the winter. We have another great option for you!
While wrapping gifts, enjoy some aromatherapy...in candle form!
This one is special during the holiday season - hence why it is named Holiday Cheer.
How does aromatherapy work?
When inhaled, the essential oils (used in aromatherapy) are absorbed into the blood stream and they send a signal to the Limbic System. This system is where our emotions are located in the brain. This is why essential oils can help with so many things like lifting depression, calming anxiety, and more!
What are the ingredients in these candles?
Holiday Cheer is a 100% natural hand poured aromatherapy candle made with soy wax, Cinnamon Leaf essential oil, Clove Bud essential oil, Douglas Fir essential oil, Sweet Orange essential oil, Atlas Cedarwood essential oil, Juniper Berry essential oil, Rosemary essential oil, and LOVE. :)
As a combination, these oils are shown to "improve mental clarity and mood, reduce signs of anxiety and stress, regulate appetite, fight fatigue and insomnia, congestion, headaches, and colds."
What are the benefits of each of the essential oils in Holiday Cheer?
- Cinnamon Leaf essential oil: Balances the body and helps with the transmission of neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin. Imbalances in these two chemicals in the brain is related to depression.
- Clove Bud essential oil: Acts as an anti-inflammatory.
- Douglas Fir essential oil: Helps to clear the sinuses as well as helping with breathing and any respiratory issues.
- Sweet Orange essential oil: Alleviates anxiety, depression, anger, and any inflammation in the body, like having a cold .
- Atlas Cedarwood essential oil: This is a grounding and calming essential oil. Great to reduce stress.
- Juniper Berry essential oil: Purifies the air and is a relaxant that does not act as a sedative.
- Rosemary essential oil: Acts as a decongestant, helps with staying focused and helps memory retention.
Light this candle anytime this winter when you need a little "yoga" and mindfulness at home!
These candles are created by Kristen Miller, an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach studying Herbalism. Check out her website here! Kristen provides services through Home Yoga & Barre, and her candles can be purchased or pre-ordered at the studio.